Assembly & Usage Instructions
How to Put the vertebraVe® on Your Pet
The vertebraVe® support system consists of three parts. The chest harness, main back support, and the lumbar support piece. The back support system comes with the chest harness already attached to the main support piece.
Remember, the first time you place the vertebraVe® on your pet there will be a fitting process to make sure it fits properly. Once adjusted it’s an easy on and off application.
- Undo the touch fasteners on the back support mesh side panels and unclip chest piece side clips. Slide the chest harness piece, while connected to the main back support, over your pet’s head. This will get the chest harness piece and main back support in place to adjust.
- Wrap the mesh side panels underneath your pet’s belly and fasten snugly using touch fasteners.
- Attach both side clips on the chest harness piece by snapping into each side of the main back support piece.
- Tighten the straps connected into the main back support piece to securely fit your pet.
- Tighten all straps on the chest harness piece to hug your pet tightly. The chest piece should be centered on your pet’s chest.
- The last step is the lumbar support piece. This piece will snap into each side of the main back support piece at the back of the brace. Make sure to place the soft side of the piece against your pet’s belly. Then tighten each strap for a snug fit. Lumbar support is optional. Use lumbar support to better secure the back of the brace or use for high lumbar pain or spinal injury.
* For male pets, make sure the lumbar support piece is tucked underneath the penis to allow them to go potty freely.
* After all adjustments have been made, and the brace is correctly fitted for your pet. The next step is to deal with excess webbing straps which may be trimmed, and edges sealed using a lighter if necessary.
To remove the brace:
- Unhook lumbar support piece if using
- Unhook the two chest harness straps where they connect to the main back support piece.
- Undo the mesh side panels.
- Slide over your pet’s head.
Spot clean vertebraVe® with clean cloth or sponge. Lay flat to let air dry. Machine washing is not recommended and may affect the stability of the product. To remove hair from touch fasteners on mesh side panels, we recommend using a lint roller.