Different anatomies of dogs make it possible that your halo may extend too far. If this is the case for your dog, bend the halo as in this photo to bring it closer to your dog’s nose and head.
How to Assemble the Halo
- Unbend the halo to form a horseshoe shape. Halo should still have 90° bend.
- Adjust the harness/vest to fit snugly on the dog.
- Take the halo side that is not attached and slide the clip into the harness/vest.
- Put the screws back in on each side of harness/vest clip.
- Halo should encircle the dog’s head at forehead level and extend beyond tip of dog’s nose. Adjust halo so that it is parallel to the ground when on dog.
To provide additional stability to the halo when attached to the Walkin’ Lift Combo Harness:
1) Slide Velcro strip under strapping next to the top handle.
2) Wrap Velcro strip securely around both the handle and the halo, fastening snugly.
3) Do this on both sides.
|Blind Dog Halo with vest for dogs under 30 lbs.|
|Size||Girth of Neck||Girth of Chest|
|3 XSmall||9.5″ / 24.1 cm||14 – 16.5″ /
35.6 – 41.9 cm
|2 XSmall||11″ / 27.9 cm||16 – 18.5″ /
40.6 – 47 cm
|X Small||12″ / 30.5||18 – 20.5″ /
45.7 – 52.1 cm
|Small||14″ / 35.6 cm||20 – 22.5″ /
50.8 – 57.2 cm
|Medium||14″ / 35.6 cm||22 – 24.5″ /
55.9 – 62.2 cm
|Blind Dog Halo with harness for dogs over 30 lbs.|
|Medium/Large||30 – 49 lbs|
|Large||50 – 69 lbs|
|X Large||70 – 99 lbs|
|2 XLarge||100+ lbs|