The hock support for dogs is a soft support which allows mobility while offering support.
Here are a few suggestions on how it may be used by professionals:
- For those patients suffering from tarsal joint or ligament injuries
- Able to make custom supports by adding our splint foam inserts directly to the hock hugger.
- For Tarsal Hyperextension cases, rectangular foam pieces may be added to the cranial aspect of Walkin’ Hock Hugger to further support tarsal joint from hyperextending. Foam may be stacked on top of each other until desired support is reached. It’s best to purchase a size up when planning on adding foam for custom fit. The Hock Hugger can be cut down in length if needed but the larger size will allow correct closure with addition of foam.
- For more support to medial or lateral aspect of tarsal joint due to ligament instabilities or support after surgery, use rectangular foam pieces and adhere to medial or lateral aspect of Hock Hugger accordingly.
- Use for encouragement of pet to pick up a limb during rehab exercises.
- To be used by pet owners at home for encouragement of a limb during home exercises.